[bookport] Sending text clippings to Book Port/ feature suggestion

  • From: Peter Rand <peter.rand@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 15:37:36 +0100

Every now and then I'd like to transfer a small snippet of an email, a
Web article
or a Word document to the Book Port. Not an entire email, article or
text, but
just a small section of it, like a sentence or paragraph.

In this regard, the Book Port could benefit from a feature I used in a
text-to-speech program
called "TextAloud MP3". In TextAloud MP3, whenever a section of text is
highlighted, a right
mouse click brings up the option: "Append highlighted text to .txt
file." This made it very easy to cut
out sections of text from various documents, and merge them into a
single .txt file. After pasting in
various sections of text, the user could tell the program to "Export
data to .txt file", and a new .txt file
would be created containing the various text clippings.

I've long thought this feature would be very useful for the Book Port -
is there a possibility it could
be added to the Book Port Transfer software?

Regards,

Peter