[bookport] Sending text as audio

  • From: "David Allen" <wd8ldy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 14:41:12 +1200

Hi List:

I have tested the new options in the software and believe it will be useful to many users. I'm glad to be able to use the neospeech voices I bought for some useful purpose. But unless I've done something wrong, I don't find I have the degree of navigability of the resulting MP3 file that I had when transferring it to the device as a native brf file. I hope others will comment on thiss.

Regarding the send text as audio button, should that not be better placed in the general options for consistancy?

For the time being, I will use this capability sparingly because of course, the down side of it is the nature of audio files is that they require more space than text or brf files. That space issue is something people need to accept as the price of compromise. That is not meant critically but is a rationalisation of fact.

Cheers,
Dave

David Allen
Independent Adaptive Technology Consulting at reasonable rates

115-A Musselburgh Rise
Dunedin 9001
New Zealand
Telephone: +64-(03)455-7694