[bookport] Re: Sending a document to bookPort

  • From: Pamela Rader <prader@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 09:07:56 -0400

Hi Ann:

I'll look into it and get back to you.

Pamela

-----Original Message-----
From: bookport-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:bookport-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Ann byrne
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2011 5:34 PM
To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bookport] Sending a document to bookPort

If I activate the BookPort launcher and navigate to a .brf file, I
can press enter and the file goes to bookPort without a
problem.  However, even with bookPort launcher active, if I use the
applications menu to arrow down to 'send to BookPort' I get the
following error.

Book Port Transfer MFC Application
Book Port Transfer MFC Application has
stopped working
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is
available.
Close program

I can use 'send to BookPort' for text files, Word files, and so on;
but not for .brf files.  Obviously, it isn't a show stopper since I
can navigate to the files and transfer them, or convert to another
format and use send-to.  But it's a royal pain.
I have Windows 7, the latest version of the bookPort transfer program
and firmware, and have cursed this program since I installed bookPort
on the windows 7 machine.

Any ideas how to get around it?

Much thanks,

Ann