[bookport] Problems with Book Port and some suggestions

  • From: "Michael Massey" <micmey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 08:01:38 -0600

Hi, folks.  Yesterday I received my book port and began reading the manual
on the cassette.  I also played with the keypad and accidentally recorded
myself while listening to the manual.  I then was trying to figure out how
to delete my unwanted recordings when suddenly the unit locked up and began
making a chugging sound such as one of those up and down agitators on a
washing machine.  Panicked, I tried resetting the unit--no luck.  I knew i
had to remove the batteries and tried to do so.  The only way I could remove
the batteries was to use a butter knife because I had installed the
batteries without the ribbon underneath the batteries.  The unit fidid reset
itself after the batteries were removed and re-installed.  My suggestion
would be to clearly explain that the batteries should be installed with the
ribbon underneath the batteries.  Yes, I realize that common sense should
prevail here but the manual should mention the ribbon.  I prefer battery
compartments with a spring to push against the negative side of the battery.

I also noticed that the appendices are not included in the cassette manual.
I of course think they should be included.  Why have only the manual and not
the supplemental material?

APH has a great product in the book port and I will get used to things over
time.  Keep up the good work.

Sincerely,

Michael Massey