[bookport] Print Page Numbers in Web-Braille

  • From: "Dale Lieser" <drlieser@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Book Port List" <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 17:22:17 -0500

A few days ago someone brought up the problem of reverse-translating the
print page numbers often found in recent additions to NLS Braille books.  As
I recall, the response and proposed solution included discussion of the
"dis" sign, dots 2-5-6.  If I understand the situation in question
correctly, that Braille sign is not involved, and therefore would offer
nothing toward a solution.  The print numbering I'm aware of either contains
a line of dashes ending with a number sign and the number, or a Taylor code
letter immediately followed by the number sign and components to make up the
digit(s).  Is there a plan in the works to fix the translation situation
I've just described?

Dale