[bookport] Re: New beta

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 08:21:17 -0400

Walt:

The way to find out what was new has past in your case, since the
Details button was the key. Let me list what's in this new beta
firmware:

1. The problem reported where the unit could crash when switching
between two MP3 files with Auto File Advance turned on has been fixed.

2. Power search should work much better with VBR MP3 files.

3. Word navigation in Spanish mode has been fixed. In version 2.2, it
switched to English mode.

4. Character navigation has been improved. The unit could sometimes get
out of synch when navigating by character.

Rob Meredith

>>> walt@xxxxxxxxxx 04/23/06 04:41PM >>>
When I connected today, I was prompted to install a new firmware beta,
but I
forgot to look at the details. Anyone know what's in it? There doesn't
seem
to be an accompanying transfer software beta, so I'm guessing it's
something
relatively minor.

 --
 Walt Smith - Clearwater, FL