[bookport] Re: NEW UNIT PROPOSAL

  • From: Bruce Toews <dogriver@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 23:01:48 -0500 (CDT)

Not with Audible boks, becasue Audible doesn't index its books by page or chapter.

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews
E-mail and MSN/Windows Messenger: dogriver@xxxxxxxx

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005, Dave wrote:

When reading electronic books, from Audible for example, can you skip forward
by page or chapter?

Dave

To read about the next Peace Seekers meeting click on the link below.

http://www.ThePeaceSeekers.org/program/

----- Original Message ----- From: Mike Arrigo To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2005 7:32 PM Subject: [bookport] Re: NEW UNIT PROPOSAL

It uses doubletalk, which in my opinion is very good, but, speech is a very subjective thing, different people like different speech synths. ----- Original Message ----- From: Dave To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2005 8:21 PM Subject: [bookport] Re: NEW UNIT PROPOSAL

What synthesizer does the Book Port use?

   Dave

   To read about the next Peace Seekers meeting click on the link below.

   http://www.ThePeaceSeekers.org/program/

----- Original Message ----- From: tom hawkins To: Book Port Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2005 6:15 PM Subject: [bookport] NEW UNIT PROPOSAL

I think all of this is very nice, but the girls next door keep whisteling at my pants that are falling down from the weight of my bookport, calculator, cassette player, cellphone, and g p s and other devices I must wear in order to keep up. I am grateful that my b p plays mp3 files otherwise I'd have to have another device hanging on me.

     I would love it if one unit did it all! !

     I would love it if one unit did it all! !

     I would love it if one unit did it all! !

     I would love it if one unit did it all! !

     Just though I'd get my two cents in

     Tom Hawkins