[bookport] Re: Loading MP3 FIles

  • From: Kelly Pierce <kellytalk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 20:12:56 -0500

Indeed.  If the aim is simply to access MP3 files and treat the book as a
storage device, then folks can simply buy a Zen stone for $40 and enjoy the
simplicity of the Zen Stone.  The beauty of the Book Port is the transfer
software with technology for phrase detection, silence elimination, rate
adjustment and Braille translation.  These technologies add real value to
speech recordings and text files.  I have never transferred an audio file
without the transfer wizard and don't plan on not doing so as I enjoy the
enhanced file access that the transfer wizard encodes with each file.

Kelly