[bookport] Re: Go to page and alarm functions

  • From: Richard Turner <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 19:56:02 -0700

Hi,
When you tap the 0 key to get to the menu, arrow up or down to the page number and press the 5 key. You will then hear, "go to page?" You enter the page number with the number keys, but you'll notice that it will say, "1" when you press the 1 key and then "11" when you press the 1 key a second time, etc. When you have the page number in that you want, press the # (pound key.) Then hit the 2 key to start reading.
This is particularly useful if you use the RFB&D Audio Plus Daisy books.

As for the alarms, you hold the zero key down for one beep to get into the alarm setting mode. That one I would suggest you read about in the manual. It is very powerful.

Richard

on 07:35 PM 4/5/2006 richard shaner wrote:
Hello,

I am relatively new to The Bookport Users club. I find myself learning new things all of the time but two functions are eluding me altogether. could someone please tell me how to use both the "Go to Page" and "Alarm" functions that seem to be available when in the other than reading keypad mode.

Thanks,

rich S.