[bookport] Re: Getting the right kind of Compact Flash

  • From: "Walt Smith" <walt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 11:10:14 -0400

I've never seen any time line. I've got one that's still perking after three
years of very heavy use (literally thousands of file transfers and erasures)
and I've had one that failed in a couple of months. I don't know if there's
a MTF (mean time to failure) spec that the CompactFlash Association has as a
standard or not. They're the folks who control use of the name CompactFlash
and any card that uses the name CompactFlash has to meet their standards.