[bookport] Firmware Updating

  • From: Bruce Toews <dogriver@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 21:23:34 -0500 (CDT)

I just updated to the latest firmware beta today. As I mentioned before, I had been having problems doing so because of a message saying there was an error writing to file. Since I got no suggestions on this, I tried formatting my card, saying a cheerful goodbye to the stuff i had on it. This did the trick, and I was able to update successfully. I'm wondering, under what circumstances will you get that warning saying that you may have to run chkcsk? Does it happen when there is a known problem that the system detects or does it just happen randomly or is there some other cryteria by which it decides when you need a warning? I.E., when I get the warning about running chkdsk before updating my firmware, does this mean a problem has been detected?

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews
E-mail and MSN/Windows Messenger: dogriver@xxxxxxxx