[bookport] Re: Firmware 2.1 not preserving settings during battery change

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 05:47:13 -0500

The clock is preserved, but you still have to reset it. It loses time during the battery change. Seconds only if you are quick, but I hate for my clocks to be off for even seconds. I try to keep them as accurate as possible.

At 09:06 PM 8/31/2005, you wrote:

        Well, yes, that's true, the command is : D,E, F, but it would be nice
if the clock was preserved during the change, which it's not.  Is that a
bug or a feature? :)
-Brian

On Aug 31, 8:55pm, Bruce Toews wrote:
} Subject: [bookport] Re: Firmware 2.1 not preserving settings during batter
} Just invoke the change battery command. Can't remember what it is offhand,
} but it's in the manual. It will save your settings for you and you can
} keep your batteries out for a year with no ill effects.
}
} Bruce
}
} --
} Bruce Toews
} E-mail and MSN/Windows Messenger: dogriver@xxxxxxxx
} Web Site (including info on my weekly commentaries): http://www.ogts.net
} Info on the Best TV Show of All Time: http://www.cornergas.com
}
} On Wed, 31 Aug 2005, Brian Buhrow wrote:
}
} > Hello. I have a bookport Firmware V2.1, where, whenever I change the
} > batteries, all my settings are lost. The documentation claims that the
} > settings should stay in memory for at least 30 seconds, to allow one to
} > change batteries. However, I'm losing settings after having the batteries
} > out for about 3-10 seconds. Is this a known problem for Firmware V2.1, and
} > has it been fixed since then? Or, could it be a faulty unit?
} > Any notes about others' experience would be great.
} > -thanks
} > -Brian
} >
} >