[bookport] Filenames

  • From: "Angie Matney" <matneyar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 21:35:03 -0400

Hello list,

I wanted to comment that I really miss the option of getting the file name with
the 8 key. I have been listening to some
instrumental music lately, and it has proven inconvenient to get the filename.
I have to stop the song I'm listening to,
move to a different file, and then return to the file I'm listening to in order
to get the name of the file.

I understand why the statistics key was modified, but maybe there is a way to
use, say, the 5 key with one beep to get
the name of a file. I know it already spells a word, but the 8 key with 1 beep
also has a different function in text reading
mode. Maybe the 5 key could give the file name if it happened to be pressed
while you were in an audio file, or while you
were reading a text file. It could work as it always has when the BP is in idle
mode in a text file.

Of course, other key strokes could be used to get this information also--5+8,
for example.

In any case, I hope some consideration will be given to a convenient way to
hear the name of the file you are reading in
the BP. I still think the BP is one of the greatest pieces of assistive
technology out there. But this would make it a bit
more user-friendly.

Thanks as always for listening.

Angie