[bookport] Failed File Transfers To Bookport

  • From: "Lazzaro, Joe \(ITD\)" <Joe.Lazzaro@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 10:37:50 -0400

Hello to All,

I've had several blowups when transferring text files to the Bookport.
When this failure happens, the Bookport Transfer Utility no longer sees
any files in the target folder. I've been able to fix this by deleting
the ._dd file using "My Computer" and opening up the drive mapped to the
Bookport.

I've also tried reformating the compact flash card, but the failure to
transfer problem keeps happening from time to time.

I'll try disconnecting my scanner and other USB devices before
transferring the next batch of files, but I don't think this is a long
term solution to unplug everything from my computer before doing a
transfer.

This failure to transfer happens intermittently, and if anybody has any
thoughts or fixes, I'd be interested.

Joe Lazzaro