[bookport] FLASH CARD SIZE LIMITATIONS, A SUGGESTION

  • From: buhrow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Brian Buhrow)
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 13:14:38 -0700

        Hello.  Following on the thread of suggestions for the Bookport's
development, I know there is a desire  to use flash cards larger than 2GB
on the Bookport.  I'm guessing that moving to FAT32 will be all that's
needed to fix this problem, but I thought it worth noting that I saw an
announcement yesterday that Samsung has developed technology which will
allow them to have a 32GB cf card out by the end of 2006.  Let's hope that
any other limitations which might restrict the size of flash cards that
Bookport can use besides the filesystem format on the flash card itself can
be swept away at the same time the filesystem limitation is removed.
        And, for those who sat through the debate about Ipod versus  Bookport,
my guess is that Bookport will win the capacity war by virtue of its
removable media, which gets more spacious every year.  The Ipod, on the
other hand, is a fixed configuration which requires you buy a new one if
you need more space.
-Brian