[bookport] Re: Error Message

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 10:52:12 -0400

Hi:

I'm getting the same error message, just opening the book in Bookwizard Reader,
so that's where the problem is.  We'll have to look into it further to see if
it's really a bad character in the file, or something we can fix in this
program.  Meanwhile, you can try to download the BRF file and see if you can
read that one.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> joshuacove@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 05/12/08 09:57AM >>>
Hi Pamela,

Ok, I have updated Book Wizard Reader. my Book port is running the most
recent update.     With a new download and unpack of the Daisy version of
The Old Man and The Sea I get the following error when trying to transfer it
using Book Port Transfer.    This happens as soon as I navigate to the title
I get a beep like it is starting to transfer before I am approving it for
transfer and then the following error takes over my computer:

Error parsing XML_TEMPLATE_TEXT:

An invalid character was found in text content.

At 3205:21
id="para_000769">

Thank you very much  for your help,

Dixie