[bookport] Re: Description of Beta 2.2.0.4

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 10:51:37 -0400

We had to remove it because it was not returning reliable information on
variable bit rate files.  Now, you have to ask for that information
specifically.

>>> emai7s@xxxxxx Saturday, August 05, 2006 9:45:29 AM >>>
> Re: Beta 2.2.0.4 Available

Here are then changes in beta version 2.2.0.4.
The changes seem to deal mostly with fixing card formatting issues.

One thing I don't understand is why the elapsed time information has
been
removed from power search
and file statistics? I find elapsed time to be useful information.

Version 2.2.0.X, August 2006
Fixes navigation problems in large audio files on 4 GB cards. This
requires the user to format the flash card on the Book Port. All users

must reformat their 4 GB cards with this firmware release.
Corrects a problem where the unit reported an incorrect amount of space

when adding or removing files to a 4 GB card on the PC.
Corrects a problem formatting some brands of 2 GB cards. This problem

rendered the card unuseable.
Corrects a problem where an unindexed mp3 file could crash the unit
under
a very specific set of circumstances.
Removes elapsed time from power search and file statistics.
Corrects the problem where the unit quit speaking Spanish after word
navigation on a Spanish file.
Corrects a character navigation issue.