[bookport] Re: DAISY format and advancing by sectionsDAISY and advancing

  • From: "Peter Torpey" <ptorpey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 17:58:11 -0400

Sorry, I noticed that the beginning of my last message got truncated in
sending.  Here it is again with the beginning included.
" <ptorpey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bookport] Latest Beta and moving by section in DAISY material
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 10:31:49 -0400

I downloaded the Sept. 12 edition of the New York Times in DAISY format  from
Bookshare, and loaded it onto mhy Bookport with the latest betas.

As with the previous versions, I could successfully navigate from article to
article with the 6+9 key and 4+7 key combos.  From the BP documentation, I
thought that the latest beta also enabled one to move by section with the 1+4
and 3+6 keys.  Navigating by section in this New York Times edition did not
seem to work - I only received a beep after hitting 3+6 at the beginning of the
document (indicating, I presume) that the Bookport could find no next section).

For example, when in the Letters to the Editor" section, I could only skip by
article.  I could not skip the entire section of "Letters to the Editor".

Either: 1) this function is not working, or 2) this material isn't
formatted with larger sections?
It would be nice to be able to skip by bigger chunks in this material.
Maybe this is an issue with how the material is formatted in the first
place from NFB.  Can this be corrected?

Anyway, all of the other features you have been adding are neat and seem
to be working well.  Great job!

-- Pete