[bookport] CF card problems

  • From: Peter Rand <peter.rand@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 17:59:48 +0200

The 1GB Kingston CF card I bought in September no longer works. I was
transferring
some MP3's from my notebook to the Book Port when I got a number of
"data loss" and
"format" errors. After that, I tried to reformat the card, but nothing I
did was able to restore
it to its prior status. So the card is now useless. Fortunately I had
all the Book Port information
backed up on my notebook, so I didn't lose any data. The card also has a
5 year guarantee, so
I should be ok there as well.

What I did lose to a certain degree, however, is my faith in the
reliability of the Book Port. Can
anybody recommend a particular brand of card and size (256k, 512k, 1GB,
2GB) that has proved
to be extremely reliable and robust in connection with the Book Port?
I'll happily move down to a smaller
card and change brands if it means there is a reduced likelihood of a
catastrophic error.

Thanks,

Peter