[bookport] Bookport with USB Hub?

  • From: "Dale Lieser" <drlieser@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Book Port List" <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 22:11:43 -0600

My husband received a USB hub for Christmas. The idea was to avoid switching cables constantly, as only 2 ports are working right now. But, with the hub plugged into the computer, the computer will not recognize that the Bookport is connected. I tried plugging the cable directly into the computer, but it didn't like that, either - even if the Bookport is connected directly to the computer, if the hub is also plugged in, the computer can't see the Bookport. If I unplug the hub, then voila, it can see the Bookport. My camera uses the same USB cord, and the computer can see it just fine, even running through the hub.

The hub is a D-Link 7 port, if that makes a difference.

Any ideas on how to make this work? As it is, I'm still unplugging and re-plugging cables behind the computer whenever my husband wants another book or some more music. <sigh>

Elizabeth ("Mrs. Dale")
Oklahoma City, OK