[bookport] Re: Bookport synthesizer

  • From: "Foxtrot" <foxtrot01876@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 02:33:30 -0400

I use a fairly inexpensive noise canceling pair of headphones I god from
Radio Shack.  They are great for airplane and train noise.  You can still
hear speech from the surrounding area.  Evidently, they pick up the noise
and counteract it with a similar noise that is out of phase with the
exterior sound.  You do not hear this canceling sound, as it offset by the
surrounding sound.  I don't think they would be great for crowd sound, as it
doesn't cancel out speech.

Rick