[bookport] Re: Batteries current vs. future Book Port

  • From: "Walt Smith" <walt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 10:10:02 -0400

Sharon -

Nobody can answer this question, since there is no Book Port II yet with
which to compare. However, since it has been announced that it will use a
rechargeable battery similar to that in the Handi-Cassette, a fair ballpark
guess would be from ten to fifteen hours. However, this is going to depend
on the type of material to which you're listening, since text files are the
easiest on batteries and MP3 and Audible books are the hardest. Nobody knows
yet exactly where the NLS Digital Talking Books will fall, but it's probably
not unreasonable to think that they'll also use up a battery charge faster
than text files will.

And as far as we know now, there won't be any way to use regular batteries
in the Book Port II when it arrives...I'm pretty sure that the information
was that it would use _only_ a rechargeable battery.