[bookport] Application missing prompt on bookport

  • From: Donna Purcell <donnaw@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 09:03:24 +1100

Dear List

I had not used my book port for some time and when commencing to download some
documents to it yesterday, received a prompt to update.  As Iwas a couple of
updates behind, I selected yes and was then told it was successful.

I was then prompted to disconnect my BP from the computer so the files could
update on the BP.  I did this.

Now, regardless of which key I press, I get the message "application missing"
 I have tried re-set, but this does not work, only resulting in same message.

I have tried removing the batteries, removing the flash card and trying another
oe, but nothing seems to work.

Has anyone had this problem before and is there something I can do before I
contact American Printing House for the Blind to see if I can send to them for
servicing.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Donna Purcell