[bookport] Re: Alarm Feature Request

  • From: buhrow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Brian Buhrow)
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 14:34:32 -0700

        Actually, I think the solution would almost work.  I believe the sleep
timer can be set to various increments, like 0 minutes, 15 minutes, 30
minutes or 60
minutes.  If it were changed to allow you to enter an arbitrary number of
minutes, that might make it workable.  Actually, as I think about it, I'd
suggest this change, along with a new menu item, "sleep timer is absolute
timer = yes, or no", and you'd have the feature you want.  If the sleep
timer is absolute, then it would time out regardless of how many topics you
switch to during a reading session.  And, it keeps the number of timers,
alarms, and clock settings to a minimum, which, to my mind, reduces
confusion about which is which.
-Brian