[bookport] Activated Audible devicesA

  • From: "Rik James" <d28rik@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 12:34:30 -0600

A couple months ago, I had activated a couple devices to our Audible.

I had the experience of saying that I had exceeded what was permissible.

I contacted Customer Support by email, and the RESET my account and I was
fine.

I am currrently using 2 Creative Muvo 512 MB and my Bookport.  I have them
activated on 2 different desktop pc's.  I do also have a Carbon Rio, which I
used to use.  It could be that maybe I could use it on one of my desktop
pc's, if what you some of you folks are saying is correct.  While the
Bookport does handle very well the mp3 files from Audible and other places,
I find that for my purposes, I kind of like the smaller Muvo, and to do most
of my text reading with the Bookport.  At least for now.

In the text of the message from Audible, the policy was stated in this way:

"Audible allows you to use up to 3 computers and up to 3 portable devices
for each type. These allocations are called Activations. Their purpose is to
authorize and enable your computer or device to play content from your
Audible account."

HTH
Richard