[bookport] Re: A bookport transfer question

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 10:47:56 -0400

Susan:

It is our practice to try and help every one.  We try to never hang up
on anyone.  As long as you can answer my questions and are listening,
I'll do what I can.

Book Port Transfer is a pretty stable program and rarely needs to be
re-installed.  What kind of file is it that you are attempting to
transfer?

If it is happening during the actual sending of a file, then you could
try one of the following:

1.  You could have the infamous "too many files in the root directory."
 Try creating another folder and try transferring to that folder.

2.  If the problem persists, try reformatting the flash card or try a
different card.

3.  If it still persists, you may have too much stored on the hard
drive.  You might try deleting some files from the PC and try again.

If you're still having problems, we will continue to work with you and
solve your problem.

Sincerely,

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> golden.quella@xxxxxxxxxxx 04/21/06 10:29AM >>>
Hello.  I am new to the bookport and have a problem.  I installed the
updates to the transfer software and the firmware.  That is the only new
thing I can think of that occurred before this problem.  Now when I try
to transfer a file, it says:  82 bookport can not create this file and
it gives the name of the file with an e\ before it.  I don't have an E
drive.  So I don't know why this is happening.  I tried renaming the
file and some other things.  Then I uninstalled the program and
reinstalled.  Tech support people always tell me this the first thing to
try.  Well, it reinstalled and remembered all of its former settings.  I
am going to try installing the program on my laptop and not updating.
Can anyone help?  Or has anyone else found a problem like this?  My
computer always works on the Murphy's Law principle.  I have confused
some tech support people so much that they have actually hung up on me
in total frustration.  Thanks, if you can help.  Susan and Quella