[bookcourier] Re: Using a Card Reader to Transfer Files

  • From: Darcy Burnard <darcyburnard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookcourier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 18:48:59 -0500 (EST)

Hi Kevin.  I'm not a bookshare user, but as I understand it, no matter how
you transfer your books from your computer to the BC, the serial number
would be
required.  This  is to prevent someone getting a book from bookshare, and
then giving copies to all their friends.
Even if bookshare doesn't work this way, Audible definitely does.  I think
you'd have trouble  convincing all us audible users to give up audible
support, just so you could use your card reader to transfer files a bit
faster.
Darcy