[bookcourier] Re: TNAUK TRANSFERS

  • From: Neil McLachlan <neilhorn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookcourier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 16:21:35 +0000 (GMT)

HI Ian -

What you are talking about here is the file description - that is picked
up from the first line of the text by default - and it is this file
description that you hear as you move trhough the file list on your BC -
but this is not the file name: if you were to look at a directory
listing of your BC drive, you would see the folder tnauk\ you have
created, and the transferred files in that folder, called bcnnnnnn._dd -
where the 6 digits look like 000000, 000001, etc.

When you transfer the file, you should hear that there are 3 edit fields -
the file description (for the Economist recently distributed, it will say
Economist: 8 July 2006 - if you hear anything else, something has gone
wrong - of course you can edit this to say whatever you like; the second
edit field is the input folder, this should say, for your case, something
like f:\tnauk; the third edit field is the input file name - and this
should say ec060708.doc - anything else, and there is a problem.

Hope this helps,

Neil.