[bookcourier] Can't use 2GB card after BC formatted it

  • From: "Debee Norling" <debee@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bookcourier" <bookcourier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 21:12:34 -0700

I received a new 2GB CF card for my birthday a few weeks ago.  To surprise
me, my husband copied the data from my smaller CF cards to the new larger
one, using Windows explorer and it worked perfectly in my BC.

After a few weeks, since I'd worked my way thru a lot of the files on it, I
decided to move all its content to a smaller card.  I planned to reformat it
to put audible files on it.

I moved all the data to the PC. I reformatted the smaller older 1GB card in
the book courier and moved the data on to it. I tested that and everything
was there and working fine. All my bookmarks even were still in place.

Then I reformatted the new 2GB card in the book courier. The BC said it had
0 bytes free. I repeatedly formatted the card with the same result.

Next I connected the BC to the PC and tried the same thing. Windows couldn't
formatted it and reported that it had no free space. The BC itself was
connected as far as Windows was concerned, but the Book Courier transfer
tool said it was not connected.

Next, I inserted it in to a PC card reader, and got the same results. It has
0 bytes free, but no data on it and can't be formatted.

Each time I did any of this I was careful to first reboot and scan the
removable storage for viruses. The Book courier transfer tool finds the BC
fine when the smaller card is inserted and it reports that the BC firmware
is up to date.

I can't imagine how I could've broken my new card when I was following
proper procedures.  My husband will be unhappy if he thinks I broke his nice
present.  I'm embarrassed and don't want him to know that it stopped working
when I reformatted it!

Does anyone have any ideas.

--Debee