[book_talk] Still Foolin' 'em: Where I've Been, Where I'm Going, And Where The Hell Are My Keys?, Crystal

  • From: "Rosemarie Grayley" <rgrayley1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <book_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2014 13:49:24 -0700

Still Foolin' 'em: Where I've Been, Where I'm Going, And Where The Hell Are
My Keys?
by Billy Crystal.

BARD and Bookshare.

This is a funny and enjoyable book. I did smile and giggle quite a bit and
had many wonderful laughs along the way.

The book came out in 2013 when Billy Crystal turned sixty five. In the first
chapter he tells us how turning sixty five differs from age sixty and how
several other ages differ from each other. We learn some other things too,
such as how important it is to take care of your teeth, this from one of his
grandmothers who had a perfect set.

Crystal grew up in Long Beach, Long Island. He loved to make people laugh.
He and his two brothers would perform for their parents, their large number
of relatives, and their many friends.

He tells us about his years doing standup comedy in the Village, his time
with Saturday Night Live, his work on When Sally met Harry, His many hosting
appearances on the Academy Awards and so much else.

There are stories about famous people, some he grew up with and many more he
met throughout his long career. The funny and sometimes sad stories about
his family are also here.

Good reading,

Rosemarie