[blindza] Ubuntu 16

  • From: Jacob Kruger <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BlindZA <blindza@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2016 15:10:39 +0200

Actually busy, right now, installing a copy of ubuntu 16 inside a virtual machine, generated using VMWare workstation player - the ctrl + N keystroke lets you bring up a wizard to create anew virtual machine based on starting off with the .iso disk image for things like ubuntu, etc., and the nice thing is ubuntu's system wide keystroke to fire up the orca screen reader works during install process as well - they refer to it as alt + super + S, and it matches alt + windows key + S, and, like said, can literally hear it counting down the percentage of installation in the background as I type this message in thunderbird in the host operating system.

As in, nice that a free operating system makes it possible to bring up it's own screen reader like that, even during install process.

And, I got that bit of reference material from the ubuntu community accessibility wiki page:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Accessibility

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
"Resistance is futile, but, acceptance is versatile..."

---
The 'homepage' for this list is at http://www.blindza.co.za