[blindza] Sort of follow-up to blind movie characters - Butterflies are free

  • From: "Jacob Kruger" <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "NAPSA Blind" <blind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2014 19:59:03 +0200

Yesterday, watched/listened to following movie, Butterflies are free:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butterflies_are_free

Firstly, want to say thanks to Christo for mentioning it, and thought it was
actually quite nicely done, and according to my sighted wife, the main, blindie
character, actually played his part very realistically.

Either way, it was quite a nice storyline, somewhat set in a specific era/date
and time - late 60's/early 70's, and 'see' this movie was actually released
before I was born...<smile>

Anyway, thought it was a nice movie, and think the plot/storyline is sort of
focused on considering, and making decisions carefully/properly, and, nice vibe
overall.

Also, the main character mentions what he calls shadow vision, which is, I
suppose similar to forms of environment visualisation/subconscious echo
location/third-eye sight, or something, but, it wasn't a major part of the plot
at all, except for the lead female character - a rather young Goldie Hawn - at
the end saying something along the lines of that she may be sighted, but she
can also use a form of shadow vision at times - and that shouldn't give away
any feature of the plot, FWIW...<smile>

Anyway, nice, interesting, and I would say rather nicely done/handled, with
them just seeming to implement the blindness of the main character as a major
part of the story, but, in a good way.