[blindza] Re: Screen reader version compatibility with upcoming windows 10

  • From: William Brandes <williambrandes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindza@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2015 11:16:02 -0400

um. ouch for fs. but, ya know free is alot freerer /no pun intended.
best ... william

On 6/3/15, Jacob Kruger <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

After had received confirmation e-mail that I would be able to carry out
free windows 10 upgrade at some stage, moving over from my current windows 7
64 bit, I played around with the system tray icon relating to windows 10
upgrade confirmation, etc., and when I told it to check device/PC
compatibility, it told me the following:

This PC can be upgraded but there may be some issues.

These devices aren't fully compatible with Windows 10

Freedom Scientific Mirror Display Driver

You'll experience problems with your display.

Apps

These apps might not work correctly after the upgrade.

Freedom Scientific Talking Installer 14.0
Freedom Scientific JAWS 14.0

This is sort of confirmation that chances are that at some stage, NVDA will
definitely become my primary screen reader of choice...<smile>

www.williambrandes.com (William Brandes Consulting)
---
The 'homepage' for this list is at http://www.blindza.co.za