[blindza] Really good quality in-ear earphones

  • From: "Jacob Kruger" <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "NAPSA Blind" <blind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 13:25:48 +0200

Yesterday, a person am busy with a piece of work for, came round and dropped
off a sort of thank-you gift after he'd asked me what type of thing I would
appreciate, and, aside from just a decent, healthy keyboard, he had gotten hold
of a set of really decent, in-ear/ear-canal earphones.

Now, firstly, in terms of using these with things like audio gadgets relating
to forms of sensory substitution, etc., I suppose it's a form of trade-off, in
terms of their noise cancellation blocking out surrounding/environmental
noises, but, on the other hand, the levels of audio clarity they provide are,
to just be honest, amazing! <smile>

Now, think have tracked down a sort of product page relating to them, and, yes,
they're quite pricey for a set of small earphones, but, still - think these are
the details:

Sennheiser CX302 ear-canal earphones.

From what I think is the relevant product page from the one local supplier:
https://www.mercurymusic.co.za/Sennheiser-CX300II-Black-Ear-Canal-Phones

high passive attenuation of ambient noise
 Frequency response (headphones)    19 - 20000 Hz
 Impedance    16 Ω
Sound pressure level (SPL)    113 dB
 Jack plug    3.5 mm (angled)
 Cable length    1.2 m

Anyway, the other trade-off is, if we plan to really focus on the audio output
of electronics, then, something like this is the subject matter of an old song
- if you want to do it, do it right!