[blindza] Re: Pick and Pay online shopping

  • From: "Jacob Kruger" <jacobk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindza@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 09:01:19 +0200

I use it on an almost permanent basis, and the only real issue is that they dynamic html they use to populate the 3 listboxes they use for categories of products aren't too useful along with a screenreader, but you can search for products quite easily, and also do things like hit enter on a category name in the search results to have that category displayed, so it works OK.

Only other slight issue is that when doing your actual credit card check out, you do need to just make sure everything has been entered correctly, but this isn't really an issue and just takes a bit of practice.

Another small thing is that all the navigation graphics at the top of the webpage don't really have the right labels/alt tags, but I normally just use jaws key + ctrl + tab to label them the first time I use the site on a new computer - this using jaws 10 at this stage, but think that functionality has been there from quite a few earlier versions, and not sure about other screenreaders.

Lastly, the other main benefit of this process is that you can create shopping lists, or just re-order old shopping baskets, so you can buy a hell of a lot of groceries etc. in a very short bit of time.

When they deliver the goods, they should phone you before the time to tell you what's out of stock, and suggest replacements, but this doesn't always work out perfectly, but normally not a real issue since if they don't bring something through, you don't pay for it anyway.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carel Ewald" <cewald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>