[blindza] Fw: Ramsay supports blind chef contestant

  • From: "Jacob Kruger" <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "NAPSA Blind" <blind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "BlindZA" <blindza@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 07:24:57 +0200

----- Original Message ----- New York Post (USA)

Ramsay supports blind chef contestant
Post Staff Writer
Last Updated: 10:50 AM, June 11, 2012

Foul-mouthed chef Gordon Ramsay this week had to defend his decision to include a blind cook on his
TV series “MasterChef.”
Ramsay’s Twitter followers bombarded him with rough comments about the contestant Christine Ha, who dazzled the judges with a Vietnamese catfish dish on the series’ second season debut show. “Of course they gave a blind woman an apron. They [Fox apparently] will do anything to attract
viewers.” wrote one Twitter fan.
“How dare you put a blind woman into ‘MasterChef’! ‘Oh, I’m sorry I didn’t mean to burn you with hot
oil. Sorry, I wasn’t looking,’ ” wrote another.
Another simply said: “A blind contestant? Really?!”
Ramsay responded in characteristically blunt fashion.
“You’re sick. Get some help! Unbelievable. She cooked an amazing dish!” he tweeted. The TV chef retweeted a message of support to his 850,000 followers which read: “As a blind instructor, thank you for having the guts to have a visual impaired cook on.”

SOURCE
http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/ramsay_supports_blind_chef_contestant_7uFCuDiL9ovfGDRlwImnBN#ixzz1xXBnlujT

---
The 'homepage' for this list is at http://www.blindza.co.za