[blindza] Re: Form of google goggles extension for chrome

  • From: Jacob Kruger <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: NAPSA Blind <blind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, BlindZA <blindza@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2016 11:53:40 +0200

And, for example, if I put this URL in chrome's address bar - it's a photo of me and my first guide dog, Inzi, standing next to each other, and then tell chrome to search using this image, it returns results about dogs:

http://www.blindza.co.za/images/together.jpg

In other words, while not perfect, this does seem to be carrying out a form of image recognition, etc., and only issue seems to be getting chrome to load just an image into itself, depending on original page's contents, but anyway.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
"Resistance is futile, but, acceptance is versatile..."

On 2016-08-14 11:39 AM, Jacob Kruger wrote:

I went to chrome's extensions, and hit enter on the link to get more extensions, and then in the extensions store, I searched for google goggles, and came across the extension called Search by Image, developed by google themselves.

It's meant to let you search based on an image in a webpage, and I tested it quickly now by searching for motoGP - the motorcycle equivalent of formula 1, went to an image on the page that it returned, invoked context menu, and told chrome to open image in a new tab, used ctrl + tab to switch to that tab, and invoked context menu again, and told it to search based on image content, and first search result was the name of the current championship leader.

In other words, it's possible it actually recognised the image contents, and told me it was a picture of the championship leader.

Anyway, will play around with this a bit more, but, thought it might be of minor interest.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
"Resistance is futile, but, acceptance is versatile..."

---
The 'homepage' for this list is at http://www.blindza.co.za

---
The 'homepage' for this list is at http://www.blindza.co.za