[blindza] Feature suggestions for something like a slightly interactive bit of personal assistant software

  • From: "Jacob Kruger" <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "NAPSA Blind" <blind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 19:08:55 +0200

Like mentioned the other day, have been/was playing around with a very minor
form of experimental interactive personal assistant/bit of pet software here,
and have pretty much worked out all of the actual interface elements I would
need/want to work with/implement now, in terms of programming required to
actually implement them.

Anyway, was thus wondering/would like suggestions regarding what actual
features anyone thinks would be cool/of interest/wanted, or would be necessary
to make this worth even trying out, etc.?

In other words, in terms of personal assistant functionality, it should be easy
enough for me to, at the very least implement forms of calendar
entries/appointment reminders, note taking making use of different
categories/types, like diary entries, shopping lists, etc., contact
phonebooks/address books, etc.

And, would, aside from pretty much keeping the interface standard/similar to
just using normal windows software interface elements, then also offer things
like letting you get it to also prompt/read things to you using the voices of
your screen reader software, SAPI, etc., but, main thing is since I would be
developing it, and thus also testing it, I am pretty sure I would keep the
whole interface pretty much accessible - how else would I be able to test it
myself...<smile>

Anyway, enough waffling/babbling, but, would just like suggestions/requirements
relating to what sort of personal assistant elements you'd want me to look into
including in something like this, and should I also play around with the actual
artificial intelligence/personality aspects, relating to interaction therewith?