[blindweightwatcher] Cabbage and Rice Casserole

  • From: "Jan Bailey" <jb021951@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindweightwatcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 06:35:20 -0600

Cabbage and Rice Casserole

I love this dish because it contains many of my favorite ingredients. I usually
eat it with baked fish drizzled with lemon juice.

1 small head cabbage, cut into 8-10 pieces
1 cup quick-cooking brown rice
1 egg
2 cups low-fat sour cream
2 tablespoons unbleached or all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 egg whites
1/4 cup Grated Parmesan cheese

1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat an 8" x 8" baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Fill a large pot with water and salt to taste. Bring the water to a boil and
add the cabbage. Boil the cabbage for 5 minutes. Drain and let chill in
the refrigerator for at least
3. 15 minutes.
4. Follow the package instructions to prepare the rice.
5. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the whole egg, sour cream, flour, and
baking soda. Stir in the cooked rice. Arrange in a single layer in the bottom
of the baking dish.
6. In a food processor, combine the cabbage and the egg whites. Pulse for 5 to
10 seconds, until the ingredients are thoroughly combined. Pour the cabbage
mixture over the rice layer in the baking dish. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on
top.
7. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until lightly browned and puffy in the center.

Nutritional Facts per serving CALORIES 169.2 CAL FAT 2.7 G SATURATED FAT 0.9 G
CHOLESTEROL 4.3 MG SODIUM 113.3 MG CARBOHYDRATES 31.7 G TOTAL SUGARS 1.4
G DIETARY FIBER 3.9 G PROTEIN 7 G