[blindweightwatcher] Broccoli-Turkey Brunch Casserole

  • From: "Jan Bailey" <jb021951@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindweightwatcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 06:59:48 -0600

Broccoli-Turkey Brunch Casserole
Healthy Cooking
December/January 2009 issue
Page: 64

"I have a lot of company at Thanksgiving, and I enjoy making new things
for them. I came up with this recipe as a great way to use up the
leftover turkey." Don't have any turkey leftovers? That's ok, cooked
chicken works well, too. Kellie Mulleavy - Lambertville, Michigan

SERVINGS: 6
CATEGORY: Lower Fat
METHOD: Baked
TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min.

Ingredients:
1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of
chicken soup, undiluted
1 carton (8 ounces) egg substitute
1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/8 teaspoon salt
2-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
1 package (16 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
2 cups seasoned stuffing cubes
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided

Directions:
In a large bowl, combine the milk, soup, egg substitute, sour cream,
pepper, poultry seasoning and salt. Stir in the turkey, broccoli,
stuffing cubes and 3/4 cup cheese. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking
dish coated with cooking spray.
Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes
out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.

Nutrition Facts
One serving: Calories: 303 Fat: 7 g Saturated Fat: 4 g Cholesterol: 72 mg
Sodium: 762 mg Carbohydrate: 26 g Fiber: 3 g Protein: 33 g Diabetic
Exchange: 3 very lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Broccoli-Turkey-Brunch-Casserole