[blindtechtalk] NVDA, Firefox and Extra Blank Lines

  • From: "David Goldfield" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "happycatholic1211@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: blindtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2014 06:34:02 -0400

I've noticed a harmless but ever so slightly annoying issue with NVDA and Firefox. I don't think this is an NVDA issue, as this seemed to have happened when installing Firefox 33. I was using 2014.3 and have installed the latest master build to see if the problem went away, which it has not. On some web pages, I'm noticing extra blank lines where there weren't before. examples include the news heading on the NVDA Web site, where I now hear the word "blank" in between many of the links, along with tweet options on easychirp. It's harmless but I'm finding it just a bit bothersome. I'm wondering if anyone knows what's causing it and if others have noticed it.

Feel free to visit my new Web site
http://www.DavidGoldfield.info

Feel free to visit my LinkedIn profile
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/david-goldfield/12/929/573

Visit my blog
http://davidgoldfield.wordpress.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://www.twitter.com/davidgoldfield

        David Goldfield,
       Founder and Peer Coordinator

   Philadelphia Computer Users' Group for the Blind and Visually Impaired
To learn more about the users' group, visit
http://davidgoldfield.wordpress.com/2014/04/20/updated-faqphiladelphia-computer-users-group-for-the-blind-and-visually-impaired/