[blindreplay] recording RealPlayer radio on demand archives with Replay AV (without Realplayer)

  • From: "Vivien Palcic" <vivienpalcic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 21:47:46 +0800

Hello all,

I recently downloaded a demo of Replay AV 8 and joined this list. The station
whose radio on demand archives I'm trying to access is PBS 106.7FM. The
station's website is at
http://www.pbsfm.org.au
and their live stream is in Windows Media, but the radio on demand archives,
unlike the live stream, are streamed in RealPlayer and are only available to
people signed up to the station's website (which is free). After signing up to
the site you get an activation email with a link to click on (or Enter on) to
activate your account, and then you need to be logged into the site to get to
the archives. I don't wish to download/install RealPlayer and have been told
Replay AV can still record such content (and convert it to formats such as mp3
etc so I can listen to it in Winamp). But I don't know how to do it -
especially as I have no way of knowing the stream has started. Is anyone on
this list signed up to the station's website and familiar with accessing the
archives? Any help including step-by-step instructions on recording them with
Replay AV would be greatly appreciated. I have successfully recorded/captured a
snippet from the live stream (the few minutes the demo allows for). I can't
remember the exact steps I went through, but I was already tuning into the
stream at the time and I selected the station within Replay AV by accessing the
station option from the menu bar. The station was added to the media guide
after I contacted Leslie at Applian (it's listed as "PBS 106.7"), but I don't
know what I'd do in the case of these archives. I presume they would have a
different feed any way and I'm not even sure how to get that info (as opposed
to the web address etc). A total newbie to this, as you've probably gathered.
I'm using Windows XP Home with Jaws 8 and Internet Explorer 6. Hope someone can
help.

Regards
Vivien