[blindreplay] Re: off topic

  • From: Kelly Pierce <kellytalk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 21:31:52 -0600

In the mid-1990s, the Chicago post office was the worst in the
country. A major government agency claimed to have sent me a letter by
return receipt requested. I never received it and the local postal
station said they had no record. I fully trusted the sender. I faxed a
letter to the postal commissioner in Washington about the problem, who
I spoke with, and how I lost trust in the mail system that caused me
to turn to the fax machine. About two weeks later, I received a call
from the postal distribution center that serves my neighborhood. The
postal service brought in new people to reorganize the facility and
piles of supposed missing mail was quote discovered. This included my
certified letter.

Filing a complaint is much better than doing nothing. Here in Chicago,
many people put locks on their mailboxes that are big enough to hold
packages. The letter carrier has the key. This often deters criminals.

Kelly