[blindreplay] Re: Rm vs MP3 compression

  • From: ovular23403@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 09:39:44 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Hi
The big advantage with MP3 is it can be played back on a portable MP3 player
device as it is a widely accepted standard. I know the MP3 format is compressed
while the REAL format should be the same too - compressed. When you record Real
type streams there Replay AV 8 is recording the REAL stream, usually .ram most
of the time. If you find the file size is smaller and listen to the recordings
on your computer then continue to record them this way.