County's gifts of love to Romanian children

  • To: <BlindNews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 15:57:51 -0500

This is Lincolnshire (UK)
Monday, December 24, 2007

County's gifts of love to Romanian children

08:00 - 24 December 2007

Thousands of underprivileged children will have a merrier Christmas thanks to
kind Lincolnshire residents.

Operation Christmas Child has delivered the 27,115 shoeboxes of presents to
children in poorer parts of the world.

Volunteers took some of the parcels to a school in Cluj-Napoca, Romania - where
most children had disabilities or were blind or partially sighted.

Viorela Sighartau, who is partially sighted, immediately showed why the project
matters so much.

The 14-year-old held the gifts to her face to admire the bright colours and
textures of the scarf, gloves, pens and toothbrush.

"I love everything in it. I have never had anything like this before," she said.

"I am surprised a child from England has made a present for me without knowing
me."

Volunteers also presented 560 shoeboxes to children at their school in the
village of Bozovici.

Ramona Baba (11) said: "It really is fun to get a shoebox. I'm so excited about
it. It is such a lovely Christmas present."

Operation Christmas Child delivers gifts to more than one million of the
world's poorest children every year.

For the full story and pictures, see Monday's Lincolnshire Echo. To see a video
of children in Romania, click below.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid537076054?bclid=525642722&bctid=1351337839

SOURCE

http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=156130&command=displayContent&sourceNode=242285&home=yes&more_nodeId1=156139&contentPK=19346785
BlindNews Mailing List
Subscribe: BlindNews-Request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with "subscribe" as subject

Moderator: BlindNews-Moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Archive: http://GeoffAndWen.com/blind

RSS: http://GeoffAndWen.com/BlindNewsRSS.asp

More information about RSS feeds will be published shortly.