[blindeudora] Re: weird error in Eudora with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit version

  • From: Christian Shinaberger <cshinaber@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 23:02:12 -0700

Hi Brenda,
by any chance do you have an MS package like office 2003 installed as well on your computer? The reason I asked this I do have office 2003 on my windows 7 64 bit computer. Sometimes after the monthly security updates which often include things for office 2003 it makes outlook the default email. Eudora comes up and says it's not the default and do i want it to be and I say yes and all is well again.
Chris
At 11:21 AM 10/11/2013, you wrote:
Interesting, because several of us are having this error, i'm finding out. I mayu reinstall and seeif that straightens it out.

Take care,

Brenda

mailto:meadowlark77@cox.netAt 01:16 PM 10/11/2013, you wrote:
hmmm, i have been running eudora since i can't remember when and have never incountered that error and i am running it under a 32 bit system for now but have also had it under a 64bit system as well.
Legend has it that on Friday 10/11/2013 10:53 AM, Mike said:
Hello

I have been having exactly the same problem since I changed to Win 7 about 18 months ago. Some times Eudora runs with out the message for a few days, weeks and on one occasion for about three months. However, eventually the error message starts up ago.

I would also love to know if there is a solution for this.

Best wishes

Mike.

At 16:29 11/10/2013, you wrote:
Hello y'all,

    I have a very weird error in Eudora 7.1.0.9. It goes ike this.

"Eudora is not currently the default program."

Then when I change it to be the default, I get:

"You did not change Eudora to be the default program. Registry entry was not
changed."

What do I do? Shall I reinstall? This is weird.

Needless to say, I'm trying to figure out which way to go in Windows 7,
with the most accessible program and Eudora still seems to be it. But this
error is weird.

Take care and thanks,

Brenda

mailto:meadowlark77@xxxxxxx