[blindeudora] Re: Temporarily moving mailboxes between 2 computers

  • From: Lennie <lennie_r@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 11:30:15 -0400

Hi Tim,

Let me see if I understand you. After I make the change to the option, any email that I download to my laptop will remain on the server unless I delete the email in Eudora and it will be deleted from the server.

If this is true then every time that I get my email from the server I will get the same emails that I still have on the server? Otherwise I can the get my emails when I return home and have the same emails on both computers? It seems to me that I will complicate this method every time that I get my emails with the option set as you suggested.

Thanks for any enlightenment.

Lennie

At 04:35 PM 6/13/2011, you wrote:
You might want to try tools menu, options, incoming mail.
You can leave it on server for both and get on both. Set it to delete from trash on server. When you delete from either one to the trash it will also delete from server.

At 03:04 PM 6/13/2011, you wrote:
Hi Brad,

The emails stays on my server unless I download them using get mail in Eudora. Besides that, I really don't like reading my emails on my server as I prefer to read them in Eudora on my computers.

Thanks anyway for the suggestion.

Lennie

At 02:31 PM 6/13/2011, you wrote:
I don't use this set up but you might try using imap instead of pop email. Here's an article on it from a college server standpoint but its basically the same on any server.

http://www1.umn.edu/adcs/guides/email/imapvspop.html

Brad

On 6/13/2011  01:09 PM Lennie said...
Hi,

I am currently using Eudora on my XP desktop and windows7 computers. When I am away from home, I copy all my nailboxes from the desktop to my laptop using a flash disk.

Before I paste the mailboxes, I delete all the mailboxes on my laptop. I repeat the same steps when I return home and paste the mailboxes on my desktop computer. Incidentally, I also delete the TOC files too and let Eudora create new TOC files.

Is there any better and more efficient way of doing this? Using my method, I encountered some serious problems. Here are the problems.

1. I usually end up with duplicates.
2. I have recovered emails on my desktop which I previously deleted on my laptop and deleted the emails from trash. 3. When I pasted the out mailbox, it now says sendable instead of sent and I cannot change the status.

Also, I even tried to set up temporary mailboxes and just transfer only the new emails back and forth. I do not like this method since I may miss important emails.

The method that I use is very time consuming both in transferring and removing the duplicates and recovered emails. I do hope that someone on this list can help me to find a better way? Unfortunately, we cannot export and import Eudora emails. I make frequent trips with my wife to visit our daughter and I need my laptop to keep myself busy while they are doing their thing.

Any help will greatly be appreciated! I really need it. Maybe someone out there are doing the same thing?

Take care.

ly Lennie

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 6203 (20110613) __________

http://www.eset.com

Brad Dunse

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere. --Albert Einstein

http://www.braddunsemusic.com

http://www.facebook.com/braddunse

http://www.twitter.com/braddunse

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora