[blindeudora] Sounds Suspend Machine Suggestion

  • From: beth holliday <bethholliday@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 17:17:27 -0500

Hi listers,

I can't take credit for the following suggestion. it was given to me off list by a member who was away when this problem was discussed a lot.

To recap the problem, activity was suspended while waiting for messages to download and the alerts to sound. This was happening to Jaws and WindowEyes users.

The following solved the problem for Me:

1.  Alt t for tools
2.  O for options.
3.  Arrow down to the Background Tasks category.

4. Tab until you hear Waif For Edit and you'll hear whatever numerical setting you have indicated. If your setting is more than 20, change it to 20 or less. I changed mine to 20.

Hope that helps.

Beth Holliday

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora