[blindeudora] Solved: unsolicited Transfer of Sent Gmail to Inbox

  • From: Doris and Chris <chipmunks@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 04:22:50 -0400

Hi,

I had queried why some of my outgoing sent messages ended up in my inbox rather than my outbox. This turned out to be my gmail messages once I had set my gmail as my dominant personality.

It turns out that this has nothing to do which the extra copy of the message which gmail keeps online for messages sent with a third party client nor with any "recent" setting that I do not use. Rather somehow A filter had been created in Eudora that transferred the messages from my outbox to my inbox. I did not create this filter but found it by accident when looking to change a filter for a mailing list whose information had changed.

Once I deleted this filter, everything is back to normal with my outgoing messages staying put in the outbox as they are supposed to.

I definitely did not create the filter and do not know how it was created but at least the mystery why my gmail messages ended up in my inbox is solved.

Thanks much.

Doris

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora