[blindeudora] Re: Problem opening email

  • From: "Betsy Whitney, Dolphin Press" <brailleit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2010 08:35:01 -1000

Aloha Lennie,
I don't know why this happens but I definitely know what you're describing. When it does, I do the basics:
1. Maximize the windows using the alt-space and alt-dash menus
2. Close Eudora and re open it.
3. Reboot the computer.

It also may be that you have something floating in your window that needs to be hidden.
HTH,
At 06:18 AM 10/2/2010, you wrote:
Hi,

I am using Eudora version 7 on my XP computer with Jaws 11 latest.

The problem I am having doesn't always happens, but when it does I have to press the control key to stop speech and then after a pause for a couple of seconds, Jaws starts to read the text of the email.

When I press enter, I hear "priority subject re: (subject title)" and if I don't stop the speech it keeps repeating it until it stops. The text of the email does not starts reading. Other times Jaws keeps repeating the word "subject" with the same results.

I hope that I may sense? Any suggestion how to stop the repetitions and start reading the email normally everytime?

Thanks for any help.

Take care,

Lennie

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora